Friday, August 27, 2010

Wish Box

Believe me
I will not lie to you, even as the tickers, titles and tits dazzle
Your eyes are fused open to reflect and absorb the ever-changing, pixelated kaleidoscope.
Do not blink and please don’t change that channel, you will miss something,
Even if it’s nothing.  It could mean something
To you. I am a friend and confidant warm and fuzzy with the glow of invitation.
RGB hue baptize your familiar face, alien and you become a couch chameleon.
Admit it, you are awestruck!  Worshiping me, vilifying me in the same breath-do you know why?  I am the all pervasive juggernaut of your imagination. 
Some call me an idiot box.  Ah, but you know me by my real name
wish box.
Listen, I can’t get you drunk, do your laundry or walk the dog but
I can if you believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment